JOB ANNOUNCEMENT PROGRAM DIRECTOR
Jolt Initiative 501c3 & Jolt Action 501c4
Jolt Initiative is a 501c3 non-profit organization that increases the civic participation of Latinos in Texas to build a stronger democracy and ensure that everyone’s voice is heard. Jolt Action is a 501c4 non-profit organization that builds the political power and influence of Latinos in our democracy. Jolt knows that our democracy works best when everyone gets a seat at the table. That’s why Jolt builds the leadership capacity of millennial Latinos to mobilize their peers to action. Jolt lifts up the voices of Latino millennials to tell their own stories through creative acts of resistance, like the Migration is Sweet! selfie station, Poderosa mural, and Quinceanera at the Capitol, which collectively reached over 50 million Americans.
Jolt believes that Texas is poised for change, with a growing and disaffected Latino population. Today, 1 in 3 eligible voters in Texas is Latino and projections indicate that by 2030, Latinos will make up the majority of the state’s population. But demographics alone aren’t destiny. Winning change requires building a homegrown movement and a smart, focused, long-term strategy that can deliver equality and power to those who are most excluded and often first impacted.
Jolt was founded in November 2016 by Cristina Tzintzun, a nationally recognized civil rights leader. Cristina was named “Hero of the New South” by Southern Living Magazine, and her work has been featured on NPR, Vogue, The New York Times, MTV, USA Today, Univision, MSNBC’s Up Late with Alec Baldwin, among others. Jolt is a young organization with big dreams about what is possible in Texas. Our vision has made national headlines and has spurred increased investment into our work- which is why we are hiring talented people to join our growing team.
ABOUT THE POSITION
Jolt Initiative and Jolt Action are seeking a well-organized and detail-oriented Office Manager to join its team. The Office Manager is responsible for the daily financial, administrative, and human resource operations of the organization. The Office Manager must maintain a safe, secure, and legal work environment and ensure that Jolt Action and Jolt Initiative operations run smoothly.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES
Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to the following:
Oversee the day-to-day financial operations of Jolt:
- Manage payroll, including receiving timesheets, processing payroll, and reviewing deductions for accuracy
- Pay all bills on time for Jolt’s multiple offices
- Process reimbursement requests, check requests and invoices for payment
- Maintain confidential personal financial information of members and donors
- Process donor acknowledgement letters
- Interface with the bookkeeper to prepare monthly reports
Manage the administrative functions of Jolt:
- Ensure the on-time submission of all state and federal reports
- Manage the audit process including selection of auditor
- Coordinate the office calendar including communicating office and calendar announcements to staff (i.e. office closures, upcoming holidays, maintenance issues, weather issues, etc.)
- Maintain the overall cleanliness and appearance of the Austin office
- Assist with the operation of office machines (printers, scanners, screens, conference call systems)
- Organize birthday and anniversary celebrations for our staff
Serve as a Human Resources Officer for the 12-person organization
- Train new employees in a comprehensive onboarding process and gather all necessary paperwork
- Manage the delivery and administration of Jolt’s benefits
- Ensure compliance with all state and federal regulations including maintaining personnel files and insurance policies
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3+ years professional office experience in busy, dynamic office environments, preferably in administrative roles
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, familiarity with QuickBooks and Google Docs
- Knowledge of human resources management practices and business management principles, office systems and procedures
- Attention to detail and problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational and planning skills in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and professionalism
- Well-organized to oversee multiple projects simultaneously
- Experience with non-profit management a plus
- Must have dependable transportation and be able to pass a background check
REPORTS TO & LOCATION
This position reports to the Deputy Director. This full-time position is located in Austin, Texas.
Salary range is $40,000-$50,000. Jolt’s benefit package includes full employer-covered health care, employer match retirement contribution up to 2%, employer-provided life insurance policy, dental insurance, vision insurance, monthly cell phone reimbursement, and 23 paid days off, plus additional benefits.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply please send your resume to email@example.com with your name and the position title in the subject line. The position will be open until filled.
Jolt Initiative 501(c)3 and Jolt Action 501(c)4 are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status.